Thursday, October 14, 2010

thrift store finds | 10/13/10

i never liked wearing ties in my youth. why? because i could never find/afford a dress shirt that was tailored or fit well enough. well, that changed once i got my hands on an american apparel oxford. slim fit, long sleeve, sharp colors.
alright? i got the oxford, now i need a tie. and what else could i use? tie bar. tie clip. whatever.
found!


i wanted something unique & dang, this is pretty sweet. +25 badass points & it only set me back 6 bucks. it was my first tie bar, so why not splurge a bit. and, hello, it's a sniper rifle*. a freaking gun. gold too (which i prefer over silver).
later, i stopped by my grandma & grandpa's house afterwards to ask my grandpa if he had any tie bars he didn't want. i was already on a roll & figured it never hurt to ask. plus, i stopping by the grandparents house is always nice.


grandpa hooked it up & gave me two sets of tie bars + cuff links. i love my grandparents, not because they give me things, but because in mid sentence they kicked me outta the house because they had a 2:00 rosary appointment via the television. hilarious.

*i'm not sure why i like the idea of having a gun. i didn't not like hunting, however, i'm been on a numerous hunting trips with my dad & brother. and by hunting trips, i mean sitting on the tailgate eating beef jerky and coloring in my coloring books.  i had responsibilities though even at a young age, i was mainly in charge of sitting on the cooler & divvying out beers to my dad's friends.

1 comment: