Monday, September 21, 2009

eagle eye

cheatedthis isn't my secret, but it could be.

this past winter, patrick needed new glasses & he was trading in his clark-kent-hipster-thick-black-framed glasses for a new fancy pair. he was transitioning out of "youth-pastor/journalism major" pat into "i'm an english major/im buying designer glasses" pat. i was supportive of this decision. little did i know, that i wanted glasses also.

however, i, the black sheep in my nuclear family concerning genetic eye make-up, have 20/20 vision. which is also, apparently, not the best vision? this is news to me. whatever, i've got great vision. i have such great vision that the eye doctor decided i didn't need to come back every year. therefore, i missed less days in school & skipped out on finals. yet, this year, this time, i was determined to get glasses because i found these:


i wanted to cheat. i think i did cheat and skip over some letters. he knew me too well. the old man had been checking my corneas for about 16 years anyway. i remember the whole ordeal, calling my parents & telling them i needed glasses. it was like telling them i need braces...oh wait. i never got braces either.


i didn't get them. yet, i still pine. i've never wished for bad things to happen to me (that i recall), but i wouldn't mind if my vision dropped a hair, just enough for "reading glasses."



/sarcasm
/materialism
/i'm kidding
/but seriously.

1 comment: