Friday, December 25, 2009

year in review! part 1

january:



  • i rang in the new year clutching a toilet in TULSA, OK while visiting my best friend's (now)ex-girlfriend. happy new year jeff, from you irritable bowl syndrome ridden stomach/colon.

    [caption id="attachment_158" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="seen dancing at a piano bar in chacos."][/caption]

  • i double-handedly managed to gain 15lbs over winter break from bathing in boulevard wheat.


february:



  • happy 21st birthday to me!

  • fly to ARIZONA visit my brother & his fiance. celebrations!

  • 5 days later, i got food poisoning from subway.

  • 1 day later, i awoke in the middle of my slumber on a cold winter night, crawled into the bathroom, and said my prayers to the porcelain gods. next, i stumbled into patrick's room & gave my plea for my concerned stomach. "go away," patrick scowled from the room. i retreat to my bed, pass out, & drive myself to the hospital. 8 hours later, i have my appendix removed.


[caption id="attachment_157" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="guilty: i still wear/own a pair of hollister clothing. just one."][/caption]

march:



  • by god's grace, i packed my fanny pack, gardening hat, and frisbee to venture on down to HARMONS, JAMAICA for spring break with some college friends.






april:



  • the world's worst show came to columbia, missouri & set up this masterpiece of carnival.


[caption id="attachment_162" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="cheers, jeers, awkward, hooray, elated, irked, & baffled."][/caption]

may:



  • once the semester ended with a bang, patrick & i set sail for a road trip.






A: leave KANSAS CITY, MO
B: DAYTON, OH - stay with Matt, patrick's  friend from L'Abri, played Scrabble, drank beer, et al.
C: COLUMBUS, OH - stay with Dave, a friend from Young Life Work Crew I met 5 years ago. Dave ran us into the ground with dirty Margaritas, fanny pack+mustache dance parties, hipster bikes, and late night hookah sessions into the morning. + Thurmans Cafe


D: MIDDLE OF NOWHERE, PA we decided to experience the "great outdoors" in the smoky mountains. pft. worst night ever.
E: NEW HAVEN, CT - YALE. the journey to Yale, to visit our prestigious pop-locking-dropping friend bryan.

[caption id="attachment_166" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="yalies playing beer pong on campus post senior festivities"][/caption]



Bonus Jonas: trekked to the beautiful town, (seriously) of AMHERST, MA to visit the birthplace of emily dickinson. thrifting ensued, tours of the home were crashed, amherst brewing company was seized.


june:



  • definitely didn't do summer school.

  • ventured to st. louis for an incredible wedding. ben & amys!



    2 comments:

    1. i don't know what pft means, but this makes me love you. and we are going to steal your idea...

      ReplyDelete
    2. I have no idea who you are, but I stumbled upon this today. I think I attended that same "Circus" in Columbia MO a few years ago. No joke, the juggling clown caught his shirt sleeve on fire. If memory serves, it cost us like $20 to get in, and that was with a coupon from HyVee.

      ReplyDelete