Tuesday, June 15, 2010

trends: bird cages

On Saturday, I got off work just after noon from the brunch shift. I remembered that there was this huge warehouse full of antiques and I had earned some cold hard cash from some tips.* So I thought I would wander on over before I fled back up North to my home. I spotted two great bird cages at the River Market Antique Mall.

[caption id="attachment_428" align="aligncenter" width="429" caption="Wrung Iron Bird Cage, $60"][/caption]

I absolutely adore this cage. So cool.

[caption id="attachment_429" align="aligncenter" width="429" caption="White Bird Cage, $25"][/caption]

Very simple white cage that is fairly cheap and could be hung.

Design*Sponge found a load of bird cages at Brimfield and did a wrap-up of the trends. At the River Market, they also had a couple of bird cages that were on stands, like 4 feet off the ground, however the cages were tacky or they just didn't look right.


* I've made a total of $6 so far because the other servers haven't tipped out yet. I know, that's not a lot of money but when you haven't had a job in awhile....it's more than you had before!

No comments:

Post a Comment