Monday, June 7, 2010

hammerpress // first fridays

One of the usual stops for my friends & I when we go to Kansas City's First Fridays is Hammerpress.

Hammerpress is a local letterpress shop in Kansas City that creates beautiful letter pressed stationary, posters, wedding invitations, cards, and other assorted paper goods.

If I ever have an event/occasion that's a step above a party that would merit invitations, you know, like a graduation party from college, I would totally get the goods from Hammerpress.* However, did you know that Hammerpress makes beautiful leather & canvas bags?


Leather & canvas. Whenever I get a job, I'm gonna go back there & buy one for sure.** $60 for the smaller one (top), and only $70 for the bigger one (bottom).


The bags are not listed on the website. I'm not sure what exactly a bag that size (bottom, the larger one) would be made for. Maybe something to do with letter press things, who knows, but you could always use a great bag to tote around your laptop, books, or even other things that young professionals, real adults, and people with jobs need to carry around.




*Whoops, that party never happened, nor did it happened when I graduated from secondary school. I opted out of having a "high school graduation" party, because it would have been more of an event to coordinate and set up the dang thing in itself than throw the actual party. Consider it a favor, parents. :)
**Correct, I still do not have a job. I've been interning at Anthropologie as a Visual Display Intern, but alas, no call-backs from my call-backs. I'm hoping to nab a short time serving gig at a kitschy restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment