Tuesday, June 8, 2010

garage sale treasures | 6/5/10

On Saturday, my friend Katie informed me of a sale happening in the West Plaza neighborhood in Kansas City. I found a ballin' leather dossier/clutch on Mercer Street from a very nice lady who held it for while I ran to the ATM to fetch some cash.



Although I'm not in need of a pencil holder, I am in "need" of that dang leather clutch that I've been searching the women's purse racks, tables of backpacks, and shelves of traveling bags for. And this weekend I finally found that is more suitable, fashionable, real, and masculine than the last one.


Funny that I should mention Coach bags on my last post and now I'm like every other college freshman girl at sorority recruitment with their Coach bag ready to take on the world, or just  swarms of upper-class white girls.



But Jeff, why are you wanting this dossier, or clutch, or man purse?
Well,most of my bottoms, jeans & shorts, are tighter fitting and they just look funny with my car keys, iPhone, wallet, 0.38 pilot pen, and dairy relief pills clumped in my slim-cut BDG shorts or Urban Slim-Fit J.Crew khakis. So  I thought of a solution. A nice dossier to hold my belongings and planner. It's like a fanny pack, or one of those Mountain Smith bags that HYC's* love to tote around, but sleeker & more professional? Plus it totally looks like a planner or one of those nerdy and weird trapper keeper things for Bibles.


Great find, no? and only $2. Isn't there a lifetime warranty on Coach leather-ware? I could send this bad boy in and get it fixed up.

*HYC: Hip, young Christians. They love outdoor performance gear.

2 comments:

  1. The whole time I was reading that I thought the price tag said "$200" and I was thinking "Jeff, you didn't drop two-hundred bones on this, did you??" Thank goodness I can't read very well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha, no way man.
    i'll barely spend more than $10 for a t-shirt new, maybe, more than $3 for a used one at the thrift.
    and i'm frugal even at the thrift store.

    ReplyDelete