Thursday, August 12, 2010

bedroom display 2 // anthropologie

over my summer internship at anthropologie, i had the opportunity to go through an entire floor change of the concepts. home and apparel. this home concept was called, "material culture."



now complete with bedding. we used the extra burlap dyed strips to accent the folded yoruba bedding. you can see the before without the bedding here (link)

behind the bedding display, we did some string art. i never thought i would be doing string art for school credit, but i did. that & basket weaving.

yes, i nailed in each of those nails in a perfect circle. using a pattern, of course, same depth too.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jeff! That woven backdrop is absolutely amazing! I am so jealous that you got to intern for Anthro. I didn't know about the whole internship until after I graduated college so I missed out, clearly. Are you working for Anthro. still? I just started and am really loving the company...hopefully I will be able to work in display full-time soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, I'm not there anymore. It was just a summer internship for the months of June & July. I got 9 credit hours for it through my department working 25 hours a week, w/ a weekly email update, and 3 page paper on my work. I didn't have enough experience to become a display coordinator and there wasn't a junior position available to further that. I loved it though. I definitely want to come back to the company in my life. What store & what do you do?

    ReplyDelete