Monday, May 31, 2010

thrift store finds 5/29/10

I've been on the search for a dossier, a man clutch, or would you say, organizer. I found one tonight, however, when I came home tonight & tried to slip my Moleskine XL planner into, it wouldn't snap close. Oh well. It's still great, leather, and was like 2 bucks. Here is my inspiration.



Here is what I found:



So, do I buy a new $18 Moleskine planner for it to fit into my 2 dollar dossier? haha.
I also snagged a pair of Havaianas, which were at Cargo Largo with the URBANOUTFITTERS tag on it marked down to 9.99 and almost bought them. However, at the thrift  they were 3.99 for a brand new pair with the original tags still on them. Holla.



I'm not sure where this place is, but it's real wood and was only a buck. I hung it up on my growing wall.



This photograph of my room is poor quality and angle. Uh, and to think, I wanted to be a photographer at one point. Whatever.


As you can see, I've collected various frames, photos, and items and nail them to my wall in attempts to create art. We'll see where it's at in a couple of months. It's a process yanno, and I've only been a recent jobless, college grad for a bout 2 weeks.

5 comments:

  1. Your woodblock is the real find. Berchtesgaden is the Wolf's Lair - Hitler's mountain retreat. Well done! Excellent find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah! very informative. i took german in high school & should have be able to translate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy crap! Berchtesgarden! I used to go there all the time as a kid, my parents talk about it like it and say it was beautiful. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'd love to go sometime. it was hitler's hideout.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's such a rich color & in great condition.

    ReplyDelete